Job title: Customer Service and Sales Assistant
Reports to: The Sales Director. Although will work closely with the Office Manager and will have regular interaction with the Managing Director.
ABOUT MERCIAN SPORTS
Mercian Sports, we are a specialist field hockey equipment business with nearly 50 years experience in the marketplace … we are looking for the best talent to be part of our team.
As our specialist sports equipment business recovers from the pandemic and starts to expand once again we are looking for a new team member to help with that process. The current team is operating at capacity and the new role will be developed to take full advantage of the successful applicants dominant / most positive skill set(s) to maximise the impact on the business.
• Office based role, Monday to Friday 10am – 3pm (25 hours per week).
• Location: Send, Guildford, Surrey.
The Customer Service and Sales Assistant will be a multi-facetted role that combines office administration, external communications (including customers and retailer customer service), product planning and analysis, and potential assistance with order despatching.
The position will suit a dynamic person looking to get into sports retail or someone who already has sales experience and wants to develop within a sports brand.
The ideal candidate is confident and tenacious when picking up the phone and speaking to strangers and has a passion for customer service, sales, and people.
What you’ll do (to start with):
• Follow up with group-wide inbound enquiries promptly and effectively via multiple communication channels (phone / email / social media) to maintain a high level of customer service and engagement both with retail partners and end users
• Support data analysis processes to enable the business to monitor and maintain required stock levels, necessary to service customers
• Work in critical areas where capacity is being challenged to aid business growth for example packing and despatch in busy periods
• Monitor e-commerce channels for issues that exist or arise and flag to relevant staff for correction
• Process payments from end users and support basic financial transactions
What you need:
• To be a self-motivated and driven individual
• To have a desire to work within a team, sharing experiences, capabilities, and capacity
• Good timekeeping
• Some sporting interests would be an advantage but are not crucial.
• Desire to learn new models and processes.
• Intermediate / Advanced level competence using Microsoft Office – including Word and Excel (Excel – data inputting and analysis, including stock management)
• Good level of written and spoken English for internal and external communications
• Ability to use email and work within a specific email protocol
• Good ability to work to deadlines and within a specific staff framework
What could Mercian Sports offer you?
• Base salary of £10 per hour
• Performance Related Bonus
• Annual leave entitlement 5/8 of 20 days plus bank holidays
• Enrolment in government pension scheme
• Discounted hockey equipment
Dress Code in the office is casual with an awareness that customers visit the office and so appropriate attire is expected in that instance.